Combine your passion for movement with the flexibility of teaching anywhere, anytime. As a certified Body Harmonics Pilates teacher, you can help people become stronger and calmer—in-person AND online. All you need is a mat and the knowledge and skills to teach movement in a smart way. Whether you’ve been thinking about becoming a certified Pilates teacher for a while, or started pondering your career options during the pandemic, now you can earn an internationally recognized Body Harmonics Pilates Mat certification and diploma online! There’s no more fulfilling career than helping others feel their best. And there’s no more supportive Pilates Teacher Training school than Body Harmonics. Our goal is to provide you with the skills and confidence to succeed and enjoy a gratifying career on your own terms.
Body Harmonics Pilates Teacher Training Level 1: Take the first step towards becoming a great Pilates teacher
Pilates Level 1: Mat (152 hours)
Pilates Level 1: Mat lays the groundwork for our Pilates Comprehensive Track. Over four modules, you learn the roots of Pilates, key human movement principles and how to teach 75 mat exercises—from the Body Harmonics Foundations to the advanced Pilates Classical repertoire. Included are our cueing formula™ and progressive sequencing™ methodologies which are designed to help you teach Pilates mat sequences and classes that are accessible, adaptable and challenging.
Mat is available in a 12-day continuous immersion program that covers Anatomy for Motion.
The content in Pilates Level 1: Mat is designed to deepen your knowledge of human movement and increase your skill set so that you may apply it to teaching both in-person and online.
- Master the complete Pilates mat repertoire including Foundations and Classics
- Practise our unique cueing formula™ and progressive sequencing™
- Learn the art of versatile class design practices to develop mat classes for beginner, intermediate and advanced levels
- Gain an understanding of core stabilization systems
- Explore the basic movement mechanics of the spine, hips and the shoulder complex
- Learn to teach healthy populations with minor movement impairments in a variety of settings
- Anatomy for Motion (6 hours)
- At least 20 mat classes as a client with any certified teachers
Program of study
- Module 1: Mat Foundations (18 hours)
- Module 2: Mat Classics and Innovations (18 hours)
- Module 3: Core Integrity (18 hours)
- Module 4: Practical Application (12 hours)
Additional hours of study
- 40 hours of practice teaching
- 20 hours of self-practice
- 18 hours of home study/review
- Practical exam
- Written exam
Maintaining a Body Harmonics certification status
To keep a Body Harmonics certification diploma current, all certified teachers are required to complete 15 hours of continuing education credits (CECs) every two years. Credits can be earned by attending in combination Body Harmonics Continuing Education courses, Pilates classes or one-on-one sessions and relevant educational events through other institutions.