Pilates Level 2: Reformer builds on the concepts of Pilates Level 1: Mat. Postural and functional assessments serve as the backdrop to more than 150 exercises and modifications performed on the Pilates reformer machine. Incorporating our unique progressive sequencing™, Modules 1, 2 and 3 cover the beginner, intermediate and advanced Pilates reformer repertoire. Module 4 is devoted to practice and personalized feedback. You leave knowing how to: build bodies with balanced strength and flexibility, improve movement and function, manage injuries and fine-tune athletic performance. Take your clients and your career to the next level by learning to teach functional and challenging reformer group classes and one-on-one sessions with skill and confidence.
Become a versatile Pilates teacher and movement educator with a Pilates reformer certification!
Pilates Level 2: Reformer (222 hours)
Our Pilates Level 2: Reformer curriculum is available in two formats. The modular format takes place on four separate weekends over a period of three to four months. The express format is an 11-day continuous immersion program that covers the same content.
The content in Pilates Level 2: Reformer is designed to deepen your knowledge of human movement and increase your skill set so that you may apply it to teaching both in-person and online.
- Master the complete Pilates reformer repertoire
- Develop exercise modifications and variations for all levels
- Explore ways of working with individual clients in one-on-one setting
- Learn the art of versatile class design for the group machine class environment
- Gain an understanding of primary postural assessment techniques and functional anatomy related to spine, lower and upper limbs
- Pilates Level 1: Mat
- At least 35 Reformer classes as a client with any certified teachers.
Note: If you hold a Pilates Mat teacher designation from another school and would like to join our Level 2: Reformer program, please refer to the Pilates Bridge program for details.
Program of study
- Module 1: Reformer Foundations (18 hours)
- Module 2: Reformer Intermediate (18 hours)
- Module 3: Reformer Advanced (18 hours)
- Module 4: Reformer Practical Application (18 hours)
Practice teaching (minimum 100 hours, mandatory)
Practice teaching involves conducting one-on-one reformer sessions with individuals who agree to act as practice clients.
Self-practice (minimum 50 hours, highly recommended)
The self-practice component consists of practicing on a reformer—on your own or with your peers. It may also include taking Pilates mat or machine classes at the location where you are taking your program.
- Online written exam
- Practical exam